Talk Truth Project
How do we correct misinformation and engage in connected, civil, and empathetic conversations so that we can choose better leaders, and find solutions that create a better world for us all?
We are deeply concerned about the state of our national discourse and its direct impact on voters’ lives and political choices. Therefore, we have established the JPF Talk Truth Project to inspire citizens to be actively engaged with issues that affect all our lives. This includes learning to de-escalate high conflict situations and train citizens to engage in more powerful and effective conversations. Our goals are to: (a) engage and motivate individuals, (b) train participants, (c) develop a hub of useful content, and (d) scale our impact.
Click the best date for you and sign-up. Have a question? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Effective tools to de-escalate high-conflict situations, neutralize misinformation, present the truth, and invite thoughtful choices and conversations. Works for in-person conversations AND for online social media situations.
An evening with the Talk Truth project reminded us of our calling to build Beloved Community, particularly in the face of disinformation and manipulation. Caleb offered us practical, actionable suggestions — tools to serve us in our neighborhoods, online, and with all our complicated families. We needed this in the midst of this election.
- Congressional staff
- Campaign staffers
- Grassroots organizations
- Journalists and multiple media venues
- Concerned individuals, organizations, and community groups
JPF will host digital workshops that:
- Train people how to effectively neutralize misinformation while mitigating the spread of misinformation and contentious situations on social media, e.g. Twitter and Facebook,
- Empower people to be effective in verbal dialogue (in protests, town halls, interviews, etc.)
JPF supports evidence-based projects that have measurable outcomes with world-changing impact.
- By November 2020, these Talk Truth Project strategies are in the toolbox and skill sets of 12,000 campaign staffers
- 1 million engagements with the Talk Truth Project’s digital arms