JUSTICE AND PEACE
All human beings must be given the right and the means to live…
A Great Sister has Gone Home
It is with a heart filled with sadness and shock that I tell you that the Rev. Janice Sommerville died December 30th. Please keep Karen and her son in your prayers
If you participated in Project Trust, Every Goodbye Ain’t Gone Project or the Phone App project you were blessed by the presence of Rev. Sommerville’s ministry. Her concern and deep compassion for pastors and ministers was undeniable. At JPF we freely admit that Janice and Kathy changed our program design. They are the reason that, whenever JPF engages with pastors, we now lead with a space and place for pastoral care for leaders.
We will miss Rev. Janice and I cannot personally seem to find the words to express my gratitude for her and to her family. She was someone with whom I prayed and cried over ministers and ministry. Janice passion burned so brightly. We were blessed that many of us thrived in her light. We even now await a decision for publication of an article that she helped write and edit.
Yours in the sure hope of the resurrection,
Floyd Thompkins Jr
Chief Executive Officer
Welcome Seekers of Peace and Justice
If you’ve ever felt the need to act but don’t even know how to start or just need a push and If you ever wanted to join a community dedicated to more than just talking about something, JPF is a place for you!
in this Important Work
Create communities through innovative learning and action-oriented experiences. Forge bonds that result in sustainable growing global networks of impact.
Your Contribution will Change the World
Connect, create, and incubate a diverse network of collaborative visionaries and leaders who feel called to change the world, humans that care about the dignity of their fellow humans.
• Strengthen collaborative internal networks
• Connect to external networks
• Mission centered targeted training
• Valuable professional development in innovative fields
• Ethics, mission, and culturally centered experiences
• Connect to peers in collaborative learning spaces
• Connect to leaders in external organizations
• Training that empowers one to launch their passion
• Gain CEs/CEUs to expand your professional capacity/advance your career
• Learning experiences grounded in ethics, mission, context, and cultural relevance
THE MARTIN LUTHER KING, JR. RESEARCH AND EDUCATION INSTITUTE